Sunday... breakfast, city walk and other responsibilites as mom

Sunday suppose to be a relaxing day, but somehow this is not always the case in our house. Especially now, when we are back to our daily routine,there is always something, which needs to be done for Monday (vacation is over). 
This Sunday for instance I was busy with sewing a sports bag for school. There are some things which must be prepared by parents, making the kids ready for their big big adventure. For me all this is new land and I need to get into this routine ASAP, so I would not freak out about everything that easy. It has been a while I was at school and surely things are different these days. The school system in Spain is bit different as I would know it from Germany, another obstacle to overcome and get familiar with. My creativity and ability is getting challenged these days not only in the kitchen, but also behind a sawing machine. Of course all the things can be bought, but I like to make things myself and find it somehow cool. I am happy with the outcome, my son and my husband too, but it was not as easy and quick as I initially thought.  Guess I still need some practice....
Sunday morning however, started very relaxed and easy.... the way Sundays suppose to be. I tried a new recipe for baked waffles for breakfast, as I just purchased  a new silicon form in "waffle shape", which needed to be tested immediately. I decided to make them with whole grain flour, so we can get some vitamins and minerals. They turned out delicious.

Whole grain baked waffles
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tablespoon brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon natural honey
  • 120 g whole grain/wheat flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 30 ml oatmeal milk (or almond milk)
  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Preheat the oven to 180C and grease your waffle baking form. In a bowl whisk together the eggs, sugar and honey till double in size and pale in the color. Sift in the flour and baking powder, add milk and vegetable oil and mix till all well combined. Pour in the batter into the silicon form, make sure to spread it in all the corners. Bake for 12-15 minutes. Serve with fresh berries or fruits and honey...

Enjoy!

Comments